Recent studies show that green tea can help greatly in the process of losing weight. It does it by increasing the body's metabolism. If consumed regularly, it can help you burn as much as eighty calories extra. In a year, that’s about 8 pounds; you lose that much just by drinking, even without diet and exercise.
To further enlighten you as to how green tea works, read on below:
Green tea slows down the absorption of fats and regulates glucose. The same substance, cathechin polyphenol, restrains the transition of glucose into fats. By doing that, experts believe that green tea is an effective glucose regulator. It effectively prevents insulin spikes and slows the rise of blood sugar after every meal. Insulin, as specialists agreed upon, promotes the storage of fats as it deals with the body’s blood sugar.
Green tea has the ability to reduce appetite. Because green teas have regulating effects on the blood sugar, people who drink it are observed to eat food as much as 60 percent lesser than usual. This particular hypothesis was proven when green tea was injected into laboratory rats for experimentation. Researchers believe that it has the same effects on humans.
Green tea is a good alternative to coffee. If you drink tea instead of coffee in the morning or throughout the day, your body gets fewer calories in the long run. The sugar and the cream included in your daily cappuccinos add inches and bulges to the waistline. But with green tea, instead of accumulating fats, you are actually reducing its build up.
Green tea affects the bodily systems positively. A parallel research about green tea brings forward its overall effects in the body. The systems benefiting from it include cardiovascular, respiratory, circulatory, nervous, urogenital, immune, lymphatic, and musculoskelatal systems. With this, green tea shows to have a very broad effect on the body. Only a few types of food can boast of this characteristic.
- ► 2012 (318)
- ► 2011 (1050)
- ► 2010 (1303)
- ► 2009 (1010)
- ► 2008 (838)
- ► 2007 (479)
- Windows Vista Mail
- CNET 10 Biggest Downloads
- It's Me!!!
- Netvibes Halloween Theme
- Bring killed tabs back from the dead (Firefox 2.0)...
- Dream of Multitabs Tabs for Search Engine?
- We’re Google. So Sue Us.
- Standard Chartered Bank 2FA
- UOB 2FA
- Internet Banking in Singapore
- Top 10 open source Windows apps
- Toolkit to Disable Automatic Delivery of Internet ...
- NTU Student survey
- IE7 vs Firefox 2: The memory usage showdown
- Internet Explorer 7 is OUT
- IE7 Won't Default to Live Search in Vista
- Flapjax Simplifies AJAX Development
- Install Vista, Buy Graphics Card
- Google Hacking + Google Proxy
- Why Green Tea Helps to Lose Weight
- 8 Internet Explorer, Firefox Features That Matter ...
- New SQL Truncation Attacks And How To Avoid Them
- Survey: Microsoft IIS 6 Ahead of Apache
- Google Docs and Spreadsheet
- All Singaporeans to enjoy free wireless broadband ...
- Google Picks Up YouTube for $1.65 Billion
- Google in Talks to Buy YouTube
- Pen Spinning
- SearchMash, a New Google Search Site
- ▼ October (30)
- ► 2005 (232)
- ► 2004 (389)